On 2011-08-02 07:22 , William Robb wrote:
On 02/08/2011 7:03 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
pnstenqu...@comcast.net wrote:

Salute! I'm quite happy with the results. And what about you? [spam site]

Uh-oh - someone's email has been compromised.

I didn't think this sort of thing was possible for Mac users.

it's unlikely that anyone accessed his computer; perhaps the most common vector for this sort of thing is that some site where Paul had registered was hacked and the hacker obtained a list of email addresses and passwords (possibly decrypted via dictionary attack); if his password there was the same as his Comcast email password, the hacker could then log into Paul's Comcast webmail, harvest contact addresses, and send out email in Paul's name via Comcast