I often use the first letter of the words to the nmemonic I learned to remember the epochs of geologic time. ;>)

-p

On 8/2/2011 4:20 PM, William Robb wrote:
On 02/08/2011 2:24 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Comcast said that someone apparently was able to log onto my webmail
account with my username and password.
They might have guessed the password or found it somewhere. It was
overly simple.
It's been changed. Comcast says there should be no further problems.

Was listening to a radio show on this very subject while driving to work
the other day.
Apparently, the old school gibberish passwords of 8-12 numbers and
letters are pretty easy to hack.
What works very well is a pass phrase, especially if it's also case
sensitive.

A bad password would be "Pentax"
A better one would be "NikonSucks"
A better one still would be "3NikonBoysSuck7ToadBottomsfor9CanonShooters"
The latter would be very hard to crack.

--
Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.