Further tests have shown that, even cool water  gets discolored and,
perhaps, contaminated, when placed in this bottle.  I filled it with
water at 70-degrees and let it stand a while, and when poured out the
water was slightly brown.  I compared it to the same tap water I used to
fill the bottle.

While not conclusive scientific proof, it's proof enough for me to never
buy a Kalt bottle again, especially if it's a #7 plastic.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]