I've been using Digital for so long that I've even stopped thinking about AOV issues. However just multiply the FL by 1.5 and that's the AOV equivalent on 35mm film. So a 20mm ~30mm, 24mm - 35mm, etc. Super wide is now simply wide, Wide is Normal, Normal is portrait, Portrait is medium telephoto and telephoto become extreme telephoto. The 40mm and 43mm lenses are interesting cases, they go from being shortish, (actually true normal) to longish normal. Like an old 58mm normal lens.

On 8/4/2011 10:57 AM, Norm Baugher wrote:
Ahh, the infamous "green button"... What about angle of view issues?
Tks,
Norm

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Paul
Stenquist
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 10:46 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Digital Body and Manual Lens Question

If the manual focus lenses are A series, you'll have all the autoexposure
options that the K10 offers. With M and K series lenses, you'll have to use
a workaround for exposure. Basically, you set a stop on the aperture ring,
and press the green button. That causes the camera to set an exposure. Other
than that, manual lenses work fine.
Paul