On 14/08/2011 6:22 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

Actually they are Ryobi, i also have the sawsall. I am quite surprised
at the job they can do, so far so good. The circular saw does an ok
job on 1/2", 5/8" plywood and 2x4 cuts. It will bind easily if the
wood does not stay level but minor nit.

I built most of my house with a 12 volt Mastercraft tool set (made by Ryobi). I did kill the stuff, it wasn't up to the extended hard use I was giving it, but while it worked, it worked well. The sawsall was pretty useless, not for lack of trying, but for lack of trying for very long. I think it would run for about 5 minutes on a fresh battery. I never did make any use of the circ saw, though the one I had was a 5 inch, I think it would jut barely cut a 2x board. IIRC, I killed the drill and the batteries just stopped working, but this was after many months of being charged and then killed half a dozen times a day. The problem with these things is that because of the way they price batteries in Canada, once the battery stops working, the tool has pretty much had it as well.
Those 18 volt batteries are over $100.00 each.

--

William Robb