The K1000 is a great camera, but a) not as good as the KX and
K2(*), and b) gets more press than the other two.  Whether it is
under-rated or not (and I don't think it is), it cannot be the
_most_ under-rated because of the comparison to the KX at least.

I'm reconsidering my comments on the H1a, H2, H3, by the way.
Yeah, there's evidence that they are quite well appreciated by
some of us here, they're still often forgotten.  Say "screwmount
Pentax" and many folks will know the Spotmatics but relatively
few think of the "PSPs" (Pre-Spotmatic Pentaxes -- I don't
remember which of us came up with that abbrev. but I can't claim
credit for it).  Go hunting for info on the H3/S3 on the web and
see how much there is.

I can't comment on some of the other bodies folks have
mentioned, never having played with them, but I'm pretty sure
the K1000 can be ruled out objectively, and from where I'm
sitting, the K2, KX, and H2/H3/H1a (S2/S3/S1a) look like
reasonable candidates for "most under-rated" unless they're
trumped by one of the ones I don't have firsthand knowledge of.

                                        -- Glenn

(*) The KX and K1000 are pretty much the same camera except for
the presence/absence of MLU, DOF Preview, and self-timer, so
that's very much an apples-to-apples comparison.  The K1000 has
cult status and is well known by non-Pentax users; the KX does not
(and is, in my personal experience, frequently mistaken for a
K1000 by passers-by who used one long ago).  The KX has the same
ruggedness, simplicity, and ergonomics of the K1000 plus
additional features and doesn't get as much press:  QED.