[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<   UK tax law demands we keep our paperwork for 7 years - when it comes to
 > disposal  I guess we will incinerate, or convert to papier mache.

 If you get a cross-cut shredder, the output is strips that are about
 30mm long an 3mm wide. Big piles of them make great packing material
 ... just put the item to be shipped inside a plastic bag to keep the
 "shreddies" out.

 Hello Doug.
Well, I considered shredding but there are a great many staples in our
paperwork. I know, an industrial shredder _should_ be able to cope, but I
have a few nasty experiences......
 Contrary to popular belief, shredded material obtained in the manner
described above does not make good packing. Plus it adds weight to the
package. Far better is Sealed Air bubble, or for void fill, polychips. I had
considered going to the Sealed Air expanding foam system, but this is
relatively expensive for the start-up costs.
 Kind regards from sunny Brighton

Peter