From: Doug Franklin

On 2011-08-24 20:05, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Drove a 444 horsepower boss 302 Mustang today with the Laguna Seca
package (which firms up the suspension to mate  nicely with some
race worthy tires, deletes the back seat. and adds some structural
bracing). The six-speed manual has a shifter to die for and the
Brembo brakes could stop a freight train. Maybe I should sell my
Chevy?

Well, the 302 is one of the easiest engines, along with the Chevy 305
and 350, and the Dodge 306? and 360, to build power in cheaply.
Newer engines tend to be bred closer to the limit than the older
ones, due at least in part to the CAFE standards.

What? No mention of the "legendary" 327 Chevy?

(dreams from the days of my youth!)  :-)