Hang in there, John and everyone else in her path!

I hope you'll all check in when you're able to. I'll keep you in my thoughts in the meantime.

I used to live in the Tidewater area as a navy brat -- Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Portsmouth.

-- Walt

On 8/26/2011 6:32 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Christine Aguila
Lady Irene doesn't look so good.  East coast PDMLers please stay
safe.  Wishing you guys the best of luck during the coming storm.
All the best,  Christine from Chicago.

It's all that's on the news this morning.

Mandatory evacuation started this morning for most of the NC coast, except for Ocracoke where it started yesterday morning. Every road east of I-95 is pretty much one-way westbound for now.

The predicted track comes ashore at Cape Lookout & follows the sound side "inner banks" north to the tidewater area of Virginia. I'm already seeing clouds out my window.

They're talking like Long Island & NYC might get a taste.

Looks like the major effect here in Raleigh is it's going to rain like a cow pissin' on a flat rock starting after midnight. Maybe some local stream flooding.