On 8/26/2011 6:50 PM, Joseph McAllister wrote:
On Aug 26, 2011, at 06:34 , Walt Gilbert wrote:

Nice shots, Brian!

Like others, I do like the second one best.  I don't know if they're all very
similar in appearance, but that one has a deceptively domesticated look about
it.  They're pretty handsome beasts compared to the mangy coyotes we have
around here.

And just think how notable an event it would've been in NZ!  ;-)

(Also, I like that word, "fossicking" -- had to look it up.)

-- Walt
My "Dingo", a sorta shy beasty, learning that love is OK.

He was terribly human averse when I adopted him at one year of age more than
three years ago. Around dogs, he is gregarious and playfull. Though still
jumpy, he now goes around the dog park looking for affection from the children
and adults. He has finally come to stand beside me and get petted and
scratched. This even though he spends his waking hours curled up at my feet in
the desks footwell, and sleeps on a depression at the foot of my mattress that
he made over the years.

Siutik, My Dingo Dog  http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100301/IMGP3482&bgcolor=black

http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100480/JJM79093&bgcolor=black

http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100331/IMGP5124&bgcolor=black

Siutik vs Sakoda  http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100461/JJM77801&bgcolor=black
Sakoda vs Siutik  http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100461/JJM77791&bgcolor=black

P.S. - He's not really a Dingo, though he looks remarkably like one from some
angles. Coat is is not quite course enough, ears not hairy enough, and tail not
bushy enough. But otherwise!

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

THE SENILITY PRAYER :
Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

That's a great-looking, Dingo-esque dog, Joseph! I especially liked this one:

http://gallery.me.com/jomac#100480/JJM79093&bgcolor=black

Love the ears.

-- Walt