A contractor who has access to the CBD red-zone attached a camera to the ladder
on his roof rack and made a few short videos.

He only covers a small part of the city but it's where most of the worst damage
was.  He made these films about a month ago so there are a lot of empty
sections where buildings have been removed since February.

So sit back for a few minutes and be a virtual tourist in our little ghost town
:)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/5554056/Street-level-red-zone-video-tours

At 00:16 in the third video, the building on the right is the one in which I
used to work.  The ground floor used to house the only really good music shop
left in the city, and we were on the first floor.

Cheers,
Dave