Noe Dewitt, a fashion photographer and resident of lower Manhattan was the
person who took the photos with the 67II and a Polaroid 600E. His girlfriend
was Kerrie, an art director. I spent four hours trying to get a look at Noe's
images, with little success.

I was able to find an image of Noe holding one of his prints up as if viewing
where the towers once stood. Being a pro photog, I'm sure he made certain that
no one would see images without a contingency fee of some sort.
http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/sn/show.do?show=139903

You can probably take a look at the whole program "On Demand" from the
Smithsonian Channel HD. If you cannot, I snapped some stills of interest with
the program on pause. Not great, but viewable. I will put them up on some site
somewhere later today.

His girlfriend was not the one who donated a video camera to the museum. It was
the french documentarian who shot all day, starting with the image of the first
plane hitting the towers while he was doing a piece on the NYFD as they checked
for a gas leak in the sewer on the street. He spun around to try to catch the
plane he had heard when it was visible coming out from behind some buildings.
Video of a lifetime without hardly trying.

On Sep 6, 2011, at 08:57 , Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Joe,
> I haven't heard of this before and hope you find links to the photos.
> Regards,  Bob S.
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Joseph McAllister <pentax...@mac.com> wrote:
>> 9/11 - a man and his wife who were in their apartment several blocks from
>> the twin towers, started filming shortly after the first plane hit the
>> towers. The woman had a Sony Hi-8 camera, and many of you have already seen
>> some of her footage in the reportage of the event over the past ten years.
>> The man, who had been asleep when she woke him up, cleared his head and
>> picked up his Pentax 67.

It's not that life is too short, it's that you're dead for so long......
— Anon

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac