From: Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: PESO: Harvest Moon

That undergrowth be mature corn. Over the which I was not tall enough to see.

We (my neighbor and I) chose the site because of the barn. We wanted a long
view, over a field, something interesting (like the barn) mid-distance, with
the moon low in the sky. But we miscalculated a bit plus there was low-lying
haze on the horizon. The sun didn't set until well after the moon rose, by the
time the moon looked like a moon rather than a white blob, it was too high in
the sky to be able to make the barn a more prominent element. We'll go back
tomorrow, the sun sets a few minutes earlier, the moon rises 20 minutes later,
and we have a better feel for the angles now.
Back to the undergrowth/corn: I have many shots taken from a few feet to the
left, a point which allows me to look along the roadside edge of the corn
field. And some from a bit further back, higher on the crown of the road we
were on. I felt that this one that used the corn field as the foreground was
less cluttered and allowed the focus to be on the barn and moon.

Thanks for looking Jack!

stan