From: steve harley
on 2011-09-15 20:38 Stan Halpin wrote
Ann, I was a bit surprised by Mark's  earlier comment that this attitude is
more opinion than scientifically derived Truth, or words to that effect. I
coulda' sworn that I had read a couple of articles on the topic in Human
Factors or IEEE-SMC a few decades ago. I did a quick search, starting and
ending with Wikipedia, and found that the apparent consensus is that there is
no solid evidence one way or the other.
perhaps you missed the link i sent earlier -- thorough review of the research,
concluding that no conclusion can be drawn

<http://alexpoole.info/which-are-more-legible-serif-or-sans-serif-typefaces>

Interesting article.

The whole debate has a flaw from my point of view; the unproven assumption that one is better than all of the others for EVERYONE.