J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> I have one of these and from my tests it's a truly excellent lens. I
> dont understand why they came out with a more expensive ED version, if
> it's signifigantly better, it must be out of this world.

 I don't know how good that ED version is but it is certainly priced
out of this world.

 I ended up doing a hurried trip yesterday evening to shoot a roll of
120 despite the overcast weather and failing light, but I don't have
much hope for the results.  All the shots ended up being 1 to 4
seconds long.  I wish the 67 had the same shutter speeds as the K2
(out to 8 seconds).  And I also wish I hadn't left my cable release
at home!

 I also took some comparison shots between the 6x7 300 f/4, the 35mm
A* 300mm f/4, and the SMCP 135 f/2.5 which is as close a view as I
can get to the 67 300mm in the 35mm format with the lenses I have.
I'll do a few more "comparison" shots in better light when I get the
chance.

 The sun is bright today; hopefully the wind will die down a bit
later this afternoon.

Cheers,
- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/ (out of date)