On Sep 18, 2011, at 3:07 PM, frank theriault wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Stan Halpin
> <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:
>> From earlier this evening:  http://smhalpin.posterous.com/harvest-moon
>>
>> The previous two entries in the blog include a color and a B&W version of an
>> egret. Comments on any or all are welcome.
>
> ...and it shines on...
>
> ;-)
>
> Stunning shot, Stan!
>
> cheers,
> frank

Thanks Frank, Mark C. and others who commented on this and/or the follow-on
attempts. In terms of process, I learned that more preparation & planning would
have been useful - I knew roughly where the moon would rise and how it would
fit into the pre-visualized composition. But I didn't know exactly enough to
really be ready in the "right" place. Second, my plan was still pretty good,
and I should have stuck with it and tried to make the best of the view I had
rather then moving around. My first position took into account various
intermediate "masks" that blocked view of some transmission towers. Every
subsequent move uncovered some of those towers.
As far as outcome, several of you have indicated preference for different ones
of those I posted. I totally agree; that is, I can't decide which I prefer at
this point. To make matters worse, one of you (to remain nameless unless he
wants to acknowledge his good work) took one of the shots into PS and did some
nice improvements to it. So I have that variation to consider as well.

Anyway, I am not sure I quite captured the shot I visualized but I have some
very nice harvest moon images to ponder and I think you all for your comments.

stan