Well, it appears that I'm not getting THIS particular Pentax 6x7 kit
(a ways apart on price). However, I thought I'd pass along the
following for discussion...

Haven't seen anybody ever write about this yet, but people are
spending serious dollars on the Hasselblad XPAN ($1500-$2500) but you
could do the same thing with a Pentax 6x7, a 67 45mm lens, and the
Fotodiox panormama kit for the Pentax 67:
http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Panoramic-Adapter-Pentax-Camera/dp/B002KEJ5DC/

Price comparison:
Pentax 6x7 body with mirror lock-up ($300-350)
45mm f4 lens ($185-225)
Fotodiox adapter ($60)
Total cost around $600

We can debate weather this is truly a panorama or just a wide
angle/wide aspect ratio, but the bottom line is that it would do
exactly what the XPAN with a 45mm lens would do for a lot less
(although heavier).
The XPAN also has a 30mm lens available, which would beat the 67 for
wideness but I think most people want rectilinear instead of fisheye.

Another advantage of the 6x7 is that you could shoot 120 film or 35mm
(with the Fotodiox) where with the XPAN you have only 35mm available.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska