http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sony_nex_7_first_impressions.shtml

Among other things (pre-production model):

"... I can say that in photographic terms this camera certainly gives
the impression of a compact fighting machine that sacrifices little
for its diminutive size."

"... it challenges virtually every other small camera on the market
when it comes to the ability for the photographer to get the camera
operating in a smooth and intuitive manner."

"From an operational perspective what immediately brings a grin to an
experienced photographer's face is how comfortably the camera falls to
hand. It's one of those designs that makes few demands for
accommodation on the part of the photographer."

"... if ones expectations are realistic this new 24MP sensor really
satisfies. At ISO 100 to 400 its noise characteristics are excellent.
At 800 it is still very good, and little to no additional luminance
noise reduction is needed. At 1600 some luminance noise is visible at
pixel peeping on-screen sizes, but hardly at all on even very large
prints. At ISO 3200 and beyond noise become increasingly a factor, and
how much of an issue it may be for an individual photographers needs
will have to be determined."

"... there was something about the NEX-7 that made it very appealing
as a "thing" unto itself, not just as a device for taking photographs.
This is somewhat hard to describe, but is attributable to a
combination of the camera's fit, finish and design aesthetic."

"One really has to ask – what's not to like? At under US $1,200 for a
24MP camera, even the price is attractive... and is going to really
put other camera maker's feet to the fire when it comes to offering an
attractive mix of image quality, features, size, build quality and
price. Sony clearly made a decision to make the NEX-7 as full featured
as possible, not holding back any of their available features or
technology. With many camera makers creating market segmentation by
artificially restricting features to certain price points, Sony is to
be commended for pulling out all the stops for the NEX-7 and keeping
the price as reasonable as it did given the camera's wide ranging
features and capabilities."

Sorry Bill, I know this kind of thing really peeves you. :-)

I have one on pre-order since last week. I just wonder how far down
the list I am.

Tom C.