On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sony_nex_7_first_impressions.shtml
>
> Among other things (pre-production model):
> "... if ones expectations are realistic this new 24MP sensor really
> satisfies. At ISO 100 to 400 its noise characteristics are excellent.
> At 800 it is still very good, and little to no additional luminance
> noise reduction is needed. At 1600 some luminance noise is visible at
> pixel peeping on-screen sizes, but hardly at all on even very large
> prints. At ISO 3200 and beyond noise become increasingly a factor, and
> how much of an issue it may be for an individual photographers needs
> will have to be determined."

It sounds like Sony sacrificed some of the stratospheric ISO
capabilities for a higher resolution sensor. Not an unheard of
trade-off, but some will take exception to it, I'm sure.

Otherwise, it looks like a very nice camera. Time will tell ... I look
forward to hearing what you say about it once you get to work with it.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com