On 9/24/2011 2:10 AM, David Mann wrote:
On Sep 24, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

The last one she wanted, ouch.  Considering the lighting, and that I was
shooting hand held with the K-x at ISO4000, it's not bad. But, Don Quixote's
loves their red gels. It looks like it was photographed in a darkroom:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6176866538/

So I tried a b&w conversion:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/6176871650/
which looks like it was shot with Tri-X pushed to 1600.
I would have stopped there, either B&W or red looks good to me and I really don't see a
need to try and "restore" the colour.  Let their graphic designer cope with them
as-is :)

You're probably right. I never seem to know when to stop. But, all of my successes in life seem to come from my inability to know when to stop. Likewise all of my biggest failures.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)