On Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:59 PM, "David Mann"
<d...@multisport.net.nz> wrote:
> My partner Janet took me to Willowbank Wildlife Reserve yesterday as an
> early birthday present.  It's a small zoo just out of town which is very
> popular with kids both big and small.
>
> In one section they have a large aviary where you can walk in and roam
> free with several kea, the world's only alpine parrot, which is endemic
> to NZ.  They're a very curious bird that adapts readily to human
> activity... and they also have a real knack for pulling things apart so
> you have to keep a very good eye on them.
>
> http://www.multi.net.nz/kea/

That's a great shot - love the expression on both faces.

I remember the Keas well around the Homer Tunnel to Milford Sound, even
though it was over 30 years ago.  I've probably got a photo stashed away
somewhere.

Dare I say it?  OK, I dare....Beautiful plumage.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia