Press down too hard and tear right through the paper.

From: John Francis

They make left-handed nibs, but that doesn't address the fundamental
problem that as you write, your hand moves across the paper. If you
write with your left hand this means the hand holding the pen smears
the freshly-applied and still wet ink. Ball-point pens (and fine
point ones, at that) solve that problem. On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at