Yea, I know I'm probably the only one on the list using this software, but it's the only RAW converter for Pentax that A.) supports my K20D and B.) I can still coerce to work on my desktop, as I'm still running Win2K on it, and C.), I'm cheap and don't want to help support Adobe's continued takeover of the image processing arena.

Just a cursory report. The installer no longer needs a properly labeled CD in a drive to install the update, (well that actually stopped a few versions ago but it's nice to see that it hasn't come back). My hacks to get the software to run on the Win2K box still work, (I always feel a bit of trepidation about updates, never know what might break). The main stated reasons on Pentax's site for the update has mostly to do with the 645D,GPS support, and improved noise reduction. However there seems to be an improvement in the speed of most imaging operations. Time will tell.

All in all despite the UI being a bit quirky it's a worthy program especially since it's essentially free if you own a Pentax Camera.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.