On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 4:04 PM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

You -> Your account -> Privacy & Permissions -> Who can access your
original image files?
I've tried that in the past, but couldn't figure out a setting that would
allow me to restrict it to just PDML so I could post PESOs. If such a
setting exists, someone is going to have to explain it a bit more
explicitly.

The setting that I was describing above controls the appearance of the
download links. It is, in no way, a means of restricting who can view
your image on the website.

If that's what you want to do, I think the solution on Flickr would be
to make your photo private (visible only to yourself, or to your
friends and/or family, but not to the public), and then generate a
Guest Pass URL:

http://www.flickr.com/help/guestpass/

I don't think they had implemented this when I looked before. Thanks.

The Guest Pass will be a special URL that you could post to the list.
Of course, the list can be joined by anyone, is publicly archived, and
all that, so I don't really understand the point. The Guest Pass can
be revoked later, if you wish.

I basically ended up with knowing that anything I post to Flickr might be
taken by someone who will use it for their own benefit.

I don't think the situation is unique to Flickr. That's pretty much
the way the web works.

That's pretty much what I had concluded before.

Put it up on the web and anyone can see it, anyone can use it any way they want. I don't put anything up on the web unless I'm willing to have that happen to it.