Possibly would get part of the lungs, but I would think an upper leg shoulder
shot would have crippled him terribly

Jack.

----- Original Message -----
From: P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2011 7:57 AM
Subject: Re: PESO: Wounded (?) Buck

Unless they are full metal jacket, bullets generally make bigger holes going
out than they do going in.  I'm not that up on deer anatomy, but if they follow
the general mammalian structure, if those are exit wounds then at least one of
the bullets probably went through one or both of the bucks lungs.  Not a likely
shot to survive for any animal.

On 10/8/2011 9:53 PM, Jack Davis wrote:
> If by bullets, they would more likely be healing exit wounds.
> Jack

-- Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid
a lengthily search.

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List