On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:05:04PM +0800, David Savage wrote:

> Here is couple of on board lap videos worth watching:
>
> <http://youtu.be/juayGkTKYEo>
>
> and Jenson Button in an F1 car:
>
> <http://youtu.be/x4XVF3jJL5Q>
>
> I pee'ed myself a little watching that second one.

I can't even begin to imagine what that feels like.

A top-of-the-line touring car with airdams, etc., can manage
a little over 1G in the turns and under braking. An F1 car
at speed approaches 5G under those conditions, and can pull
multiple Gs under straightline acceleration!

The only way mere mortals can experience anything that might
give some idea of what that feels like is on a roller coaster
(some of which  briefly pull over 4Gs) or if you can score a
ride in the two-seater (originally a Minard1 F1 car, but now
appearing disguised as an IndyCar). I'm sure they don't push
the car anywhere near what is is capable of, but it might be
possible to be subjected to more than 1G. I suspect that the
limit might be imposed by the insurance underwriters; the
average passenger isn't anywhere near as fit as drivers are.