On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:35 PM, John Francis wrote:

> The only way mere mortals can experience anything that might
> give some idea of what that feels like is on a roller coaster
> (some of which  briefly pull over 4Gs) or if you can score a
> ride in the two-seater (originally a Minard1 F1 car, but now
> appearing disguised as an IndyCar).

The guy who started a company that I used to work for had a small collection of
Italian cars.  Each year he would hold a track day where the employees could
come and sit in the passenger seat while members of the car club would take
them for a couple of laps in the various cars.

I took a ride in the Testarossa and could barely keep my head upright in the
corners.  My neck isn't all that strong and the weight of the helmet wasn't
helping!  And I know that cars get much faster than that.

Not being used to actual G-forces in cars, my head was spinning for the rest of
the day :)

IIRC he ran a BMW at Bathurst a few times.  An M3, I think.

Cheers,
Dave