On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:16:29 -0500
Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I can't disagree with anything he says.  But, then, I sort of
> follow his approach out of necessity rather than any desire to get
> back to basics.
>
> I will say that I get far more joy from getting good captures with my
> manual 50/1.4 than I do out of any other lens I own.  It's immensely
> more gratifying to me.

My disagreement was with the title, lesser photographer.  I know
photographers that can consistently out do me and an slr with a point
and shoot because they understand the equipment they are using and have
a magnificent "eye."

I think the benefit of better equipment is more control and
consistency. I still love my spotty and like being able to turn the k5
into a totally manual camera as well.