>BW film might still rule if film  didn't curl, and if the enlarger and/or
>scanner were perfect. But in the real world, digital rules.

There is a reason I do not do 135 film, but still do sheet film.  It's nice to
be able to burn in low-contrast detail, something that cannot be done with
digital, afaik.

Contact prints do not curl.  :-)  Oh, and with smaller sheet film a little
masking tape on the edges makes for a suitable flatness.  And it's nice to be
able to burn in detail that does not yet exist on digital.

But I will say that PS lens design compensation is probably the neatest feature
around.  Lens have barrel or pincushion problems?  Erase the error up front.
Might be a great improvement for the 43/1.9.

That forthcoming N**** 36mp body, full frame.  Sony sensor.  That's 5k x 7k
pixels.  5K pixels over 24mm == roughly 200 pixels / mm.  That begins to match
the resolving power of 100 line pairs / mm.  And with reduced CofC issues
(points do not become blurs, consequently reducing the CofC) for enlargement,
which is *really* where digital has its advantage, that's awesome.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott