On 14/10/2011 1:00 PM, Tom C wrote:

But I must ask, despite your over emotional reaction, why do you have,
how many DSLR's is it? When's the last time you've spent a substantial
amount of time in a wet darkroom vs. frying your eyeballs out looking
at the computer monitor?

Too many DSLRs.
I think Freud called it sublimation.
And yes, it's been something like 9 years since I last worked in a darkroom.
But I finally have some hope. I've mapped out a bit of space in the basement, and have the planning department's approval, so I might actually get back into the darkroom this winter, though before I go forward, I will have to see if materials are still available.

I assume you purchased metal screws, nails, and power tools when
remodeling your house as opposed to hand saws, and chisels to
fabricate your own fasteners. Of course, it's just an assumption.

Were I interested in being either a lumberjack or a smithy, I would probably have gone that route, but I don't see how one equates with the other.

--

William Robb