Stan -

If you have an iPhone 3GS or later and an iPad, both updated to iOS 5, and a current browser on your desktop you can set up and use iCloud.

-p

On 10/31/2011 7:23 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:

On Oct 31, 2011, at 7:02 PM, Brian Walters wrote:

I hope your experience with Lion is better than this:

http://photofocus.com/2011/10/27/my-mini-review-on-mac-osx-lion-version-10-7-2-a-photographers-pov/

Much discussion on the Apple forums. A quick look would indicate a major
slow-down issue for 24+ hours after installation during which time the
Spotlight search function indexes everything on your drives. After that, life
is better.

One comment from the forum:
Lion does settle down.  I am 73 yrs old (female) and they say you can't teach
an old dog new tricks..  Wrong!
If you just take your time everything seems to fall into place.  I have had
Lion for a month now and I am still learning new things thanks to this
community.
I think Lion is absolutely great and would not want to go back to SL.  I would
suggest that when you install Lion go and get the Magic Trackpad.  It is
awesome.
Take your time and don't try to set all the preferrences the first day.

Having said this, I'll probably wait for another month or two before upgrading.
I don't have any other devices that are iCloud-ready and don't know of any
other features that would make my life easier.

stan

--
Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.