You can try this in LR. It works pretty well for smoothing complexion and shadow problems.
Using the brush tool,
Set:
Exposure = -4.00
Clarity = -100
Sharpness = -100

Adjust brush size & feather amount as necessary for the area you want to repair.
Set flow to about 75 for starters

Brush over the area you want to adjust - it will show as black so it's easy for you to see where you've brushed
Return Exposure to zero and see if you like what you've done

Repeat or re-do as necessary if you don't like what you see.
Setting the flow to a higher value will strengthen the effect
Set to a lower value for less effect.
If you can't get the results you want, then you'll have to move to PhotoShop, but I've had some good results using this method.

-p