On 29/11/2011 9:17 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:

I expect a different level of photos from Bill Robb or Mark C. or Frank and
can offer sharper criticism.  With less experienced photographers,
it isn't so much criticism as encouragement.

That was, I believe, Shel's reasoning behind his harsh critique. The photographer had an extremely high quality body of work, and posted an image that was far, far below his standard. Shel certainly did saw off on him, but I didn't think it completely undeserved, either. At some point, an honest critique of a good photographer posting a junk photo is going to delve into asking just exactly what the photographer was thinking.

--

William Robb