On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Brian Walters wrote:

> Looks like a great place to cycle or walk.

It is if you're prepared.  I'd recommend something windproof and be prepared
for heat at this time of year.

> Rail trails are quite popular in parts of Oz, usually following old
> narrow gauge rail routes.  There are quite a few in Victoria but New
> South Wales is lacking.  One near me in western Sydney is the Lapstone
> Zig Zag but it's mainly a walking trail.  Here's a few shots I took a
> couple of years ago:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/LapstoneHill/index.html

Very nice photos of that bridge.  I like the Aussie sandstone, there's lots of
it in Sydney buildings and it has amazing colours and patterns.  I think there
is a lot of old stuff like that on our Central Otago trail which I'd like to do
sometime.

I might have to pack a bike next time I go over... as long as you have
somewhere without snakes, crocs or spiders.

Dave