Jack,
Have you shown this before?  I think I remember it.
It's a wonderful photo with the chipmunk on one leg, flying around.
It captures the movement of these guys and the tree root is so dramatic.
We have similar, but shorter tailed chippies just outside my window here.
Cute, but also a nuisance with their digging.
(My wife killed 20+ on the patio earlier this year.
She's trying to get enough to make a coat.)
Regards,  Bob S.