Hello Ralf, since you mentioned the UWA 12-24 lens, I am tempted to
point you over to the Sigma 10-20 thread in the Pentax Forum. It
appears to have grown into the largest active thread and the most
popular one too. It has attracted such a cult following that I bought
this lens from a friend in the iPentax Forum here in India. I am damn
lucky to have landed an excellent copy. It will meet your requirement
of high contrast night scenes with lots of light sources directly in
the field of view. It's flare control is better than your contemplated
12-24 lens.
May the Force be with you. Bipin