If they allowed you to use the machine 24x7 you could get it done in a week.

From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

Now that would a handy thing to have somewhere nearby. I've got about
10,000 slides to scan ...

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Stan Halpin
<s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:
As an adjunct faculty member with a large midwestern state university I receive 10-12
emails a day with everything from tornado alerts to notices of pending water shutoffs for
drinking fountain repair. One of today's notes was a bit different: ?"The Media
Development Center in 213 Hale Library has recently added an automated 35mm slide
scanner. The Pacific Image PowerSlide 3650 is designed to convert large numbers of 35mm
mounted slides into digital files that can be searched, processed, printed, or delivered
electronically. Scanning 50 mounted slides takes approximately 50 minutes, or 1 side per
minute. The impresssive optical resolution of 5000 dpi produces digital files that remain
true to the original images. Equipment in the Media Development Center is available for
use by all faculty/staff and students."

Unfortunately campus is 1100 miles away.

stan