On Dec 29, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
>
>> They look delish, Christine!
>>
>> Can't speak to the sharpness (can't really tell at that image size),
>> but they are underexposed. The wax paper should look white rather than
>> grey.
>>
>> To guarantee the best sharpness I'd setup on a tripod and take about
>> 5-6 shots at different focus-points, ranging from focussed on the
>> closest pastry, then at intervals to the rear. Then combine the shots
>> in a stack in Ps.
>>

> That's an interesting idea, Bruce, Thanks!  I shot at iso 1600 and the white
> balance is off, I know.  I'll work on that.  I was just too lazy to get the
> tripod out.  Cheers, Christine

I suspect that this is one of those applications where the ringflash adapter
would be handy.

Or even one of those speedlight soft box adapters with the speedlight on a
cable off to the side a bit.

For white balance, take a white balance shot with a grey card.  If you don't
have a grey card handy, I find that grey metal works great, just put a piece of
flatware in the photo and try a few spots on it for your white balance point.
In this one, you could just set the white balance off the white paper, then
adjust it a bit by hand.