In another forum, there was a discussion about what kit people take on
spontaneous photo walks. Several people mentioned how their primary camera
(Nikon D2x and the like)  was too big and heavy got me thinking about how my
K-5 with the DA40 compares with what was my only SLR for decades, an SRT-101
with a 58/1.4. Note that both set ups have about the same FOV. For fun I threw
a couple of primes on a K-1000 and an FE2.

Digital cameras aren't really all that much bigger than their film counterparts
after all:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/7215…

My bathroom scale only has resolution of 100g/.2 lb, but on it, both cameras
came in at 1.8 pounds, so it hasn't gotten significantly heavier either. When
you compare the size and weight of half a dozen SD cards, that'll each hold a
few hundred frames, with a few rolls of film, all of a sudden digital becomes
very appealing.