I don't see this as a big issue. Blurb gives me free software to layout books
to print/sell via Blurb. I can't use that software to print in any other way,
even on my own printer. (Well, I can print, but with a big Blurb watermark on
every page.) Anybody that doesn't want to print/sell exclusively via Blurb can
find some other software to use. Apple offers free software to
layout/distribute books via the Apple store. Anybody that doesn't want to sell
exclusively via Apple can find some other software to use. Ho hum; no evil
empire.

stan