They're all wanna be evil empires.  The new buzzword is "ecosystem" so
that you have to commit to everything produced or at least controlled
by one company.  Amazon and Google are doing the same thing, and
Wintel is gearing up for a new run.  Of course, that doesn't mean that
we should all be happy about it.  It's just the current level of
"bastardness".

--
Steve Desjardins