on 2012-02-03 01:40 Bong Manayon wrote

Funny you should mention a toaster, I happen to need one.  And yeah, a
toaster is a toaster is a toaster--so long they work there is nothing
really that compels me to any particular brand or model but as long it
is not ridiculously priced because it happened to be designed by some
artist and it makes my kitchen/cooking a bit more interesting then its
got my sale.

i despise most toasters; there are only a few worth having, the rest designed to fail after a few years; almost all the ones built to last are 40-50 years old; someone gave me a KitchenAid toaster with a pretty flexible functional design, so i use it, waiting for it to burn out, or the buttons sealed under flexible plastic to crack; my old purely mechanical heavy chromed steel toaster will go back in service as soon as it is needed; its only flaw is it doesn't fit Bagels, but i have a 40-year-old toaster oven that will handle them