... of mine, been broke a thousand times.

Apologies to the Isley Brothers. Day 7 of the emergency kitchen remodel:

Tearing cabinetry out so I can tear the wall out so I can replace the kitchen sink drainpipe is kind of at a standstill.

Before I can continue that portion of the work, I've got to cut off the kitchen water supply. Which means I have to turn off the water to the whole house. Because the whole house is one zone & the water supply plumbing is a part galvanized steel and part copper hodge-podge I need to go ahead and replace it. I don't want to, but that's the quickest way of getting water restored in the bathroom.

I have to have a new water supply all ready to install once I start cutting out the old pipes, so that's what I'm doing now; pre-fabbing the piping for the new water supply. It's going to be all copper & zoned with cut-off valves when I get through with it. I know there are plastic systems that are cheaper (in every sense of the word), but I know how to sweat copper, so that's what I'm going with.

I just had to get out of my work area for a few minutes to let a joint cool without fidgeting with it.

The only "good" part is I don't have to bust up any concrete floors in the basement to get to any of the pipes.

I figure I'll finish pre-fabbing sometime tonight and be ready to cut the water off first thing in the morning. I intend to time all the work with the water off so that Home Depot will be open if (when) I find out I've forgotten some critical component.

Hopefully by Monday, I'll be ready to get into that wall.

Back to work. TTFN