Some advice from a retired plumber...

If PEX (cross linked polyethylene) is legal in NC seriously consider using it. You can run a separate line from a manifold to *each fixture* cheaper, quicker and easier than you can do copper. This has the added advantage of being able to control the flow to each water supply of each fixture from a valve located on the manifold without having to kill the whold water system - plus you can start out by running the supply piping to just your bathroom so you can easily have water while you're completing the remainder of your repairs. Unlike CPVC (chlorinate polyvinyl chloride) rigid plastic piping, PEX is flexible so you need few or no fittings except those you need to terminate at the manifold or at the faucet/fixture and if you have "aggressive" water, which may attack and weaken copper piping, PEX is neutral and won't be degraded by aggressive water.

Just my nickel's worth...

-p