Even I thought that my penny dreadful descriptions of Cotty's lens experiments a bit over the top, but apparently I was wrong.

On 2/11/2012 6:38 AM, Cotty wrote:
On 9/2/12, John Celio, discombobulated, unleashed:

What would you do with a 50 1.2?
Grind the aperture coupler off the back and use it as a test bed for an
EOS mount. Let it sit quietly for a couple of years, forsaken by an
A*85/1.4 and a K15/3.5 following as hybrids. Pick up a few years later
to raid for screws Sit again. Do some R+D on taking apart completely to
clean, leave in parts for another couple of years. Cannibalize totally
to assist other lenses and chuck the rest away except for the largest
objective which now sits on my desk as a brilliant (and fast) magnifier.

--

Cheers,
   Cotty

___/\__
----------      http://www.cottysnaps.com

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.