On Feb 11, 2012, at 3:08 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> Here's an experiment, take your K5 mount a 200mm or longer lens on it put it
> into live view hold it at arms length and take a few pictures.  Then try a
> 300mm.  Compare your results to using the eye level view finder.  Don't tell
> me you always use a tripod with long lenses.  I know you'd be fibbin'.  If
> you use a monopod the issue is worse.  It will be just impossible to use one
> properly.

What percentage of people who buy entry level DSLRs own lenses over 200mm?  For
that matter, what percentage buy any lenses other than the 18-55 (or
thereabouts) kit lens that the camera comes with?

This camera isn't  supposed to be the be all end all camera for everyone that
takes photos.   In most conditions that most people who buy one will use it, it
should have performance on par with just about every APS sensor camera with a
list price something like $500 less than the D7000 or K-5.