On 2/13/2012 11:30 AM, steve harley wrote:
on 2012-02-13 09:46 Walt Gilbert wrote
I just found an A 50/1.7 for $45. I'm not positive, but if I'm not mistaken,
they've been going for a bit more than that lately on eBay.

yeah, that's right

Of course, if I had it, it would be my 3rd 50mm prime lens between my K 50/1.4 and my M 50/2. Is the A 50/1.7 good enough to justify having yet another 50mm
at that price?

depends how much you value the A setting; between my A 50/1.7 and my M 50/1.4 the former is on the camera half the time and the latter hasn't been on the camera in months (it may go on the GH1 because auto-aperture doesn't make a difference when adapted to M 4/3)

Well, as much as I couldn't afford to, I went ahead and bought the thing. I guess I won't know how much I value having the A setting on it until I use it. I'm guessing I'll like it, though, since I won't have to remember to stop down between shots with it. That'll be nice.

-- Walt