> If Fred and I are thinking of the same thing, the battery holder
> in the Battery Remote is the same as the battery holder in the LX
> Winder; 4 AAs. But what Fred says sounds like he is talking about
> button batteries. So that would mean that you actually have two
> options, the second one being to add the winder and its remote.

Hi, Stan.  What I was mainly talking about was an LX Battery Remote
Cord, which holds two button cells (or one 3-Volt Lithium cell) in a
cute little chamber at one end of the cord.  At the other end of the
cord is a plug of sorts that mates with an LX body's empty battery
chamber.  The LX's normal battery chamber cover is used to close up
that cute little chamber at the other end of the cord.  Finally,
there is an extra little gizmo (a "tool" I guess you could call it)
on the cord (and which can slide up and down the cord) that is used
to help the cord's plug screw into and out of the LX body's empty
battery chamber.

Heck, Stan, this is harder to describe than it is to scan - <g> -
I'll put a scan of this on my web site in a few minutes.

The good news is that using this LX Battery Remote Cord will allow
keeping the LX body's own metering and shutter power source nice and
toasty warm inside the photographer's clothing, even while the LX
itself is outside in the frigid air on some cold winter's day.

The bad news is that this makes for a cord running out from the LX's
battery compartment on the bottom of the body, making it impossible
to attach a winder (or motor drive).

Fred