On 20/02/2012 12:36 PM, steve harley wrote:
on 2012-02-19 07:33 Bipin Gupta wrote
Most of us have missed the point. Our Canadian friend said he had no
permanent address in Canada. And no country will allow you in in this
situation.

perhaps that's true now, but in my 1981 case, i was admitted to Canada
from the US with no proof of permanent address

That was 1981. The paranoia that has taken over the USA has been enforced on Canada Customs because if we don't conform with their rules, they make travelling to their country as unpleasant as possible.

--

William Robb