On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, tom wrote:

> > I've got the Super-Takumar 135/3.5! How does it compare with the
> > 135/2.5 for portraits?  I've had a 135/3.5  for years, but never used
> > it much. Mostly use my Super Tak 105/2.5. James
>
> The 135/3.5 is a good lens. The Tak 135/2.5 is a very soft mushy turd,
> and therefore can work as a cheap portrait lens for those who like a
> soft lens for that sort of thing.

I think he was talking about the M42 version of the 135/2.5 (Super Tak or
S.M.C. Tak), not the bayonet 135/2.5.  The bayonet lens has a pretty bad
reputation (but the numbers are pretty colours!), while the screwmount
ones have excellent reputations, and are alleged to be even better than
the 135/3.5, which is probably one of the most underrated Pentax lenses.

chris